Most of our day-to-day activity is organised through groups of volunteers who:
- Monitor and comment upon planning applications submitted for sites within the greater Chester area.
- Make views known to elected Councillors and planning officers.
- Advise and make recommendations on t strategic planning issues related issues of traffic and transport, forward planning, open spaces, and urban regeneration.
- Stimulate public interest in the City’s built environment and promote high standards of planning and urban design.
- Promote the conservation and sympathetic re-use of historic buildings and awareness of the city’s designated Conservation Areas.
- Encourage the enhancement and effective interpretation of heritage
- Assist in the organisation of the many events that take place annually in Cheshire and Chester uring the Heritage Open Days event:England’s biggest grassroots celebration of our heritage. Each year since 1994, the Heritage Open Days Committee works with with property owners and guides to offer free access to around 100 buildings. A joint committee of Civic Trust volunteers and Local Authority staff produce and distribute 12,000 booklet guides to Open Days in Chester.
- Organise the Winter Lecture Series and social events
- Organise a variety of very successful trips and visits to other towns and cities throughout the UK and from time to time, overseas. Recent UK visits have included, Winchester, and Norwich, as well as local visits to Northwich, Nantwich and Manchester. Trips abroad have most recently included Albania, Armenia and Iran. These visits are a great way to get to know other members
- The care and maintenance of Bishop Lloyd’s Palace.
- Thanks to a large team of volunteers who staff the office from Monday to Thursday that our office functions as a valued HQ where rooms are available for Hire by Community Groups
- About Us
- BLP Room Hire: Calendars
- Chester Civic Trust Diamond Jubilee
- Chester Heritage Festival
- Civic Trust New Works Archive of Responses to Planning Applications
- Heritage Open Days
- How to find us: Location Map
- Local Issues
- Membership: Corporate
- Membership: Individual and Families
- Planning: New Works Committee
- Winners of 2020 ‘Good, Bad and Ugly’ awards
Stay up to date by following us on Facebook and Twitter
The Chester Civic Trust
Chester Civic Trust
Bishop Lloyd’s Palace
51/53 Watergate Row
CH1 2 LE
Telephone 01244 318415
Registered Charity number 504634