Since the last Executive the New Works Committee has successfully continued to deal with business on-line.
We have submitted objections to applications concerning:-
- Storage facilities on Sealand Road: lack of landscaping on prominent site.
- proposed replacement housing adjacent to Sainsbury’s roundabout: fear of future backland development causing traffic issues
- Trafford Street student accommodation: proposed change of use to general residential. Opposed as a precedent and parking issues
- Lorne Cottage, Louise St: development opposed – cramped site and very poor access; inappropriate use
- A-board outside the Grosvenor Centre: contrary to policy and dangerous
- Digital advertisement display, Hoole Road Bridge. Inappropriate and dangerous location
- House in multile occupation (HMO), Whitchurch Road (retrospective); inappropriate to the area and contrary to policy.
The proposed hotel at the corner of Black Diamond Street, which we opposed, has unfortunately been approved by CWAC.
There is to be an appeal over refusal of planning permission for a proposed garden site house development on Curzon Park North. We opposed this application.
Two pre-application meetings with developers may take place in the next month concerning the Aparthotel on Nicholas Street and 2-8 Foregate Street (Lloyd’s Bank building).