Following a first sod cutting ceremony construction has now begun on the Chester Northgate scheme.
Due to the Covid-19 situation, there has been slippage on the proposed project timescales.
The following milestones are currently expected to take place, subject to any further Covid-19 impact:
- Princess St. reopens for access onto St Martin’s Way from Northgate St. – Early July
- Site secured and Hunters Walk closed off – Early July
- Hoardings on Northgate Street installed in front of former library building – Early July
- Drain enabling works commence on St Martin’s Way – Mid July
- St. Martin’s Way/Nicholas St. closed to southbound traffic for drain works – Mid September
- Hunter St. realignment complete and opens onto St Martin’s Way – Late October/early November
- Princess St. closed to access from Northgate St. – Late October/early November.
Updated Project FAQs